Though Acro Audiology accepts all insurances, we are only in-network with Blue Cross Blue Shield.
While we will attempt to verify your insurance, we highly recommend you contact your insurance provider to determine whether you are eligible for reimbursement for your hearing aids when purchased from Acro Audiology.
Important Questions to Consider
We suggest that you gather the following about your hearing aid benefits to help you better understand your coverage and how much you may end up paying.
You’ll often see the phone number for your insurance company on the back of your insurance card. It is important to read questions 4 and 5 exactly as written when speaking with the insurance representative.
- Insurance company verification and plan type (e.g., HMO, PPO)
- Name of member services representative that spoke to you
- Phone number, date and time of conversation
- Does my policy offer coverage for hearing aids as either a medical benefit or as durable medical equipment? (If no, you may end the call here)
- If yes: Are benefits specific to “in-network providers,” or can I be reimbursed for services with my choice of provider? If specific to “in-network providers,” where is the nearest provider located?
What Else Is Covered?
You may also want to follow up with these additional questions:
- Do my benefits cover one or two hearing aids?
- What dollar amount does my policy cover for “out-of-network” providers? If it’s a percentage calculation, what percentage of the cost is paid?
- What is my current deductible?
Call Acro Audiology Hearing Care Center at (210) 239-5995 for more information or to schedule an appointment.